OK…before I start off on this post…let me just say that we went to watch IRON MAN yesterday starring Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges and it was FANTASTICO! Review coming up very soon. SO stay tuned!
OK…coming back to the actual post….did you ever taste a Portugese Dish called Peri-Peri Chicken? Trust me…it’s truly delicious….it’s heavenly!! Our local restaurant Nandos is famous for this and S & I simply love going there. The secret to this dish is the sauce…Nandos Hot Peri-Peri Sauce which is what the chefs at Nandos use to marinate the chicken in before they grill it. S and I always wanted a couple of bottles of the sauce at home and were more than glad when we saw our local supermarket selling them. You can have it with anything…bread, chips, tortillas and even rice 🙂
So one day when we decided to grill chicken at home…S wanted to try out a new recipe. Instead of the regular marination of chicken with youghurt, chili powder etc etc…he wanted to do it with the Nandos sauce 😀 Yes! Our very own Peri Peri Chicken Indian style (that is what I’d like to call it from today) at home…..and all it takes is 10 minutes for preparation with minimal ingredients.
- Nandos Hot Peri-Peri Sauce (there’s also Extra Hot Peri-Peri Sauce if you like your chicken really hot!)
- Salt to taste
- Tandoori Chicken Powder – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
- Chicken Legs or Thighs – 5 (Depends how much an ‘eater’ you are and if you are having any guests over 🙂
- Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
- Lime – 4 (Cut to sprinkle on chicken at the end)
- Pre-heat oven at 200 °C for 10-15 mins
- In the meantime, wash chicken thoroughly in cold water and pierce into it with a knife to make spaces so as to let the ingridients into the pieces
- Add 8-10 Tbsp Nandos Hot Peri-Peri Sauce, 3 Tbsp Tandoori Chicken Powder, 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste, 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, Salt to taste and mix well.
- Marinate for 15 mins
The best thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to marinate the chicken over night or for hours together…15 mins is just fine.
- and that’s it…place the chicken pieces on an oven grill and place it into the pre-heated owen at 200 °C for 45 mins – 1 hr
- Garnish with coriander and onions. Cut lime into pieces and leave them on the plate
Picture Courtesy of – http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u80/AtlFoodie/BoneHeads/Chicken2.jpg
Sorry, no pics of the dish we made…we were done with it before I could take any 😀
Since it is a very simple dish…everyone can try it out! Guys, Girls, Men, Women, Grannies and Grandpas, the lazy ones who don’t want to cook, learners….everyone really….and let me know how it goes 🙂
PS: Just realised that you actually get the Nando’s Sauce in the restaurant itself 😀 And also…once you are done with the dish, you can dip you chicken in the sauce before you savour it…even more YUMMY!! 😀