No special story for this one…just thought I’d try making Pizza at home…from scratch…as in preparing the dough and all. Frankly, it wasn’t that tough…pretty straight forward. The best pizza place in town is Pizza Express. Luckily for us, it’s just 5 min walk from home 😀 We absolutely love going there after a movie, after a walk or just like that…for no reason at all 😀
So here goes the recipe:
- 1 Quantity Basic Pizza Dough*
- Plain Flour for dusting
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, for oiling
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Onions (sliced into rings) – 250 gm
- Garlic Cloves (crushed) – 2
- Red Pepper (deseeded and diced) – 1
- Chicken – 100 gm
- Mozzarella Cheese (sliced) – 100 gm
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 a tin or can be made at home by using 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- Jalapeno Peppers – 2 Tbsp
- Rosemary springs for garnishing
*To Make Pizza Dough:
(makes 1×25-cm/10-inch pizza)
- Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
- salt – 1 tsp
- easy-blend dried yeast – 1 tsp
- warm water – 6 tbsp
- olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and add the yeast. Pour in the water and mix the dough. Finish off with olive oil. Knead for about 5 minutes, then leave in the bowl until double in size. Covering the bowl loosely with cling film helps.
- Knock out the air from the dough after then knead lightly.
- Roll out on a floured work surface, ready to use
Toppings for Pizza:
- Using a rolling-pin, roll out the dough to form a square shape, then place it on an oiled baking tray, pushing out to the edges until even. The dough should be no more than 1/4 inch thick because it will rise during baking
- To make the topping, heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan over a low heat. Add garlic, red pepper and chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes (chicken does not have be completely cooked as it will baked later)
- Spread the tomato purée over the pizza dough, then spread the chicken and pepper topping evenly over the pizza base. Finish off with onions, mozzarella and rosemary.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 20-25 minutes. Serve the pizza hot!