Beetroot is not one of my favorite vegetables….well actually, I tend not to like vegetables that are healthy for the human body 😉 but I am conscientiously trying to prepare more dishes with nutritious veggies. More about beetroot here.
(Recipe Serves 2)
- Beetroots – 2 (Diced into 1 inch pcs)
- Onion (medium sized) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic Cloves – 2 (finely chopped)
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – According to Taste
- Turmeric Powder – A Pinch
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
For Tempering (Talimpu):
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Urid Dal – 1 Tsp
- Chana Dal – 1Tsp
- Curry Leaves – 5
- Add oil to a pan and let it heat. Then add mustard seeds and once they start spluttering add cumin seeds, urid dal & chana dal.
- Once they turn golden brown in colour and curry leaves and the finely chopped garlic cloves
- Fry them a little bit and then add finely chopped onion
- Fry them till they turn golden brown in colour and then add the beetroot pieces
- Fry the beetroot until the pieces are crispy
- Turn off the flame and serve with rice or chapthis
Pretty straight forward 🙂
Recipe for Curry Puffs coming up tomorrow.